To conclude the journal activity, here I discuss a
series of experiences I had with this project.
In my journal activity I experienced various changes
during the course of the weeks. The most obvious of all is the quantity I
wrote. The firsts entries of my journal were not very long and that was because
of many reasons. First, I didn’t knew what to write about and sometimes I
stopped writing to think a little while wondering what to write about again or
to pick exactly one specific thought I preferred to write about. Another reason
was that I didn’t knew how to write exactly what I had in my mind, my thoughts
sometimes were just images or feelings that for me were just too difficult to
explain. Other thing that changed from my journal was that at first I worried a
lot about my handwriting and also that when I finish the journal it must have
end as near to the edge of the page as the day before. By the end of the
journal activity I realized that I could leave apart all those restrictions and
the change was notable because of the change in my handwriting, grammar and
length of the entry.
First thoughts process
I had never in my life experience an activity in which
I had to write all my first thoughts, for that same reason my first entries
were the most confusing ones because even that I selected which thoughts to
include, I always ended up writing things that have nothing to do with one
another. After a few entries more, I came to know what I was exactly doing and
could then make a good journal exposing my real thoughts as quick as I could
write them when they came into my mind. It was very difficult for me at first to
get in to the jugular and I tried to force other thoughts to come to my mind
and kill those, but then I surrender to oppose myself to those topics and it
was then when I felt totally free to write everything that came in to my mind.
By the end of the journal activity, I was capable of writing exactly what came
into my mind but also to tie one thing with the other not leaving any possible
theme discussed.
Life compass activity
In
my journal, I did a total of four life compasses and also explain in each of
them the reasons why I gave the numbers I did to the different categories. The
compass numbers were very low and I founded that the lowest numbers of all the
compasses were on the mental part and in the emotional part. I also arrived to
the conclusion that these low numbers on these areas are completely linked with
one another and depended mostly in how busy was my week. I can say that this
life compass activity helped me to understand the mess in my mind and to deal
better with myself.
Internal Journey
This journey journal helped me to organize
my thoughts and I learned to write exactly what came in to my mind. I
appreciate this a lot because sometimes it’s hard for me to understand what I
am feeling about something, but with this writing technique it is more easy to uncover
this thoughts and discharge them in the paper. Writing my thoughts has become a
way to get off the mess of thoughts that can mix together in my mind and fade
the solutions when I have a situation. This
activity has worked for me to understand better myself and interpret my
feelings and emotions. In this journal my internal journey has helped me to get
to know myself better.


Hi, my main change in all this journal experience was also the length of my entries. I also agree with you that this journal is very helpful because it helps a lot for one to get better organizations of different thoughts that we may have. I also learned a lot from it, specially by knowing me better.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that this experience helps everyone. It releases so much, that normally we wouldn't notice affect us in a daily basis. It is so liberating to be able to write everything one thinks! And i agree with you that the compass helps us see the links we all have so we can better them!
ReplyDeleteThis activity definitely was of great help to all of us. I share with you the low scores on the life compass, actually that is why I kept avoiding it haha! And yes, definitely every aspect of it was connected. Btw, nice cover! :)
ReplyDelete