Monday, November 25, 2013

Dear Cinthya


I’m hoping that you are having a good time this week.  First of all I wanted to say that during the progression of the days in this course, I think I really improved my writing! I’m really very glad about it. 

I also wanted to say that I really enjoyed your class and learned a lot. One of the things that I liked the most of the course I took with you, was that it escaped from the same pattern that is followed by most of the classes. I mean, it had a completely different mechanism to transmit the message of the discussions we had about the different themes we touched, specially the othering one. With the different activities we made, I was capable of positioning myself in the foot of someone else and understand it better. For that reason is that I became more comprehensive with tourists and I expect to not odder them that much anymore. Also, I understand better why we Puerto Ricans are othered in some aspects such as in the criminality rates, price rates and lot of other things.

The class discussions were essential to me to understand the novellas we read but I admit that I enjoyed most of them and I founded them very related to the topic of the class. From this class I liked that the class discussions were open and we could have different opinions of anything and all of them being listened and taken into consideration.

Other thing that I liked a lot from this class was the journal activity because this activity helped to find me with myself in too many occasions and also to organize better my thoughts. The same happens with the blog because it was a chance to expose a little more of me and to receive the comments and opinions about what I wrote and this way I got a different point of view of some things.

This class turned to be one very far from what I expected the first day of classes when I first met you, since when I enrolled in the course it had another professor name on it. I thought it was going to be like one more class but it became one of my favorites and were I could relax of the structure of most of the courses. Finally I really enjoyed this semester with you and hope that it repeats some day.

Happy Thanksgiving



2 comments:

  1. I really liked your letter! I think that we all agree that this class was an escape from the routine we have. Your are so right about our opinions being heard and respected. I think we had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you did, I think that all of us need to be very thankful to professor Cynthia because of how nice she treated us always and how she was there for us in every moment. What a nice and long letter there! :)

    ReplyDelete