Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chocolate



My name is Stephanie Rivera, I’m twenty years old and I live in Toa Alta with my both parents. In my life I’ve been in a few places out of Puerto Rico. Some of them are New York, Washington D.C. and Texas. Most of the time I travel to visit my family but I always take a glance to the cities and enjoy the trip. I have four sisters and a niece that is three days born. Soon I’m going to travel to Maryland to meet her. I also have traveled to Dominican Republic and Haiti in a church mission to make donatives and home restoration after the devastating earthquake.


One of the most exciting trips for me was the one in which my sister and I traveled from Maryland to Texas in car. We spent a lot of time in the car to get from one place to the other back and forth but I treasure that time because we did a lot of things together to deal with the boredom like singing, laughing, playing with molding clay and eating a lot. We both like to travel long distances in car and doing stops wherever we want to see new things an enjoy them. I remember that it was during the winter and we were yet in Kentucky when a snowfall got us and we had to stay in a hotel because it was impossible to keep driving.


I’ve also traveled around different towns of Puerto Rico and enjoy them a lot too. I remember that ever since I was a little girl, my dad used to take us to different places around the island and show us new places every summer. 





List of places I've been:

4 comments:

  1. Well first I love babies, so I'm pretty sure that your niece is ADORABLE! You should consider showing us some pictures of her. About your traveling, it sounds interesting and I share your love for traveling long distances in car. I love those kinds of trips too. I like to sing a lot so those trips are my perfect stage to delight others with my talent hahaha! Well I hope to read more stories of yours, especially about your niece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! Your experience in a car trip sounds amazing and very interesting. Like you, I like that kind of trip, because I can do many funny things with my family or friends and because it is kind of special traveling during hours with special people. Also, I think make a travel to Haiti and do what you did, must be a beautiful experience, because always is good help people that need it. I can't wait to read more experiences like these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stepahine! I liked many things about your travel experiences. First, the journey to Haiti to help people in need is something that I've always wanted to do. But, never had the courage to do so. I imagine it's a life changing experience as well as a fulfilling one. That's something very admirable to be able to do that. I also have family in Maryland! Where are your family? Mine is in Baltimore! I loved Baltimore when I went there last Christmas. Congratulations on your baby niece by the way. I love babies. The trip with your sister must've been an amazing time! That's another thing in my bucket list: to do a roadtrip like that. I imagine it can be kind of tiring, but the experience is unbelievable right? Can't wait to read more of your stories! See you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I may know you... ;) Wow, I am amazed at how much have you travel. My dream is to someday get a RV (those mobile campers) and go cruising through the states. I want to visit all those great places shown on the movies and visit museums since I love history. I don't have a niece since I am only child, but maybe you can share yours with me... (only you and me understand!) :D Also, I wish you to continue your journey traveling the world and enjoying your niece because I believe that those are the best moments someone can remember.

    ReplyDelete